March 12, 2018

Film Poster Work in Progress

I've had a concept in mind for a film poster for Pickled for a long long time and am finally working on it. I need more art for my social media platforms and I want to start promoting Pickled more soon. I'd also really love to get my official Pickled website and my company websites up. (Those are pickledfilm.com and mingothings.ca respectively.) I've been listening to an amazing podcast recently called "Being Boss" by Kathleen Shannon and Emily Thompson. One of the things they discuss is how consistency is really important for any brand and I totally agree. I'd like to get my poster done and maybe a few more pieces that can grace the front pages of my Facebook, Instagram and all the place I share Pickled online.

Here are some of my rough concepts for the Pickled poster:

My first colour concept test.

This second version is more simple shapes. I really love boiling down an image to it's essence.

My first attempt at painting this poster. I'm going to repaint it however as I feel the drawing needs some work and the painting really needs some work.

This is the first little scribble I did to get my idea on paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come with me to the Ghibli Museum!

I made a video for my youtube channel about my visit to the Ghibli Museum this past March.