June 22, 2012

Thinking about Birdie's Arc

I've been working a bit on Pickled recently but it's slow going. I've been working for a long time on a pencil test of two shots that hookup. It's coming along technically. My recent task is to really think about how Birdie feels and what she's projecting in the film and in this shot. I feel like I should do rough pencil tests of her throughout the film before focusing in on any given shots. Which seems overwhelming. Creating pencils tests for 3 minutes of screen time and then going back to those tests later, scene by scene will probably be a bit confusing. I think the benefits will outweigh the negatives though. Visually rough blocking out a clear character arc in detail before focusing in seems like a great idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come with me to the Ghibli Museum!

I made a video for my youtube channel about my visit to the Ghibli Museum this past March.