September 23, 2013

Animating with a sweet rig: Gunter! (Animator's Staycation Day 4)

I bought this sweet rig from Long Winter Studios called Gunter.
It's got a lot of controls and the design is super appealing. I've haven't used a rig with so many controls though. It's still new to me, this 3D animation thing. One of the issues I'm facing with this rig is a strange deformation which seems to only be happening in the chest. I might be experiencing some sort of gimbal lock but I'm not sure what's going on. If I grab the controller that is being affected and nudge it, then the issue fixes itself. But then when I go to another frame the issue pops back.

Look:
rig gone bad here
rig is good here
If anyone has suggestions on how I can fix this please leave a comment! I need some help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come with me to the Ghibli Museum!

I made a video for my youtube channel about my visit to the Ghibli Museum this past March.