January 7, 2009

First Post

Today I found a very inspiring blog. It is leonardo and it chronicles the progress of Jim Capobianco's (Pixar story artist and director of the short Your Friend the Rat) short film, Leonardo. He has thus far spent 10 years on this labor of love!!! I don't know if I could still like working on one of my story ideas for that long... None of the ideas I've come up with yet anyway... Story ideas to me reflect a spot that I'm at in my life somehow and when you move on, staying with old ideas somehow seems like going back to a sketch you did in kindergarten and fixing it up... Anyway, this blog and Jim's obvious passion has inspired me to start up a blog about the short film I want to create. It used to be called Pickled and then Perfection and it will probably end up receiving the moniker Pickled Perfection. Aptly named blog.

I've been really wanting to make a short film for a long time but since graduating most of my time has gone to working professionally... Good for paying off student loans and weddings. I've gone through a few strange artistic phases over the past several years and I know I must create this short film!! It is my dream. So... I hope to update here with ideas more often than I've been updating my other two blogs because I am really dying to get this project going. Blogging for fun right now is waaaay down on my list of priorities but this short film is close to the top. My wedding is one thing higher on the list right now and that takes place in May.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come with me to the Ghibli Museum!

I made a video for my youtube channel about my visit to the Ghibli Museum this past March.