September 21, 2013

Rough Pencil Test (Animator's Staycation: Day 1)

So here is a very rough pencil test that I've been crafting for the past day. I intend to animate this in Maya. I found a rig of an appealing and cartoony middle aged man, a cute, big headed squirrel and a sprawling and beautiful tree that looks like it would fit into an Australian landscape. I picked the pathway up the tree that seemed to have to most potential in terms of staging and picked camera angles to show that off. Then I screen captured images of my camera angles and took those into Flash to make a quick scribbly pencil test to further carve out what I want to do with these chraracters. Here's what I've got so far:
Speaking of pencil tests, I just found this cool tumblr called http://penciltests.tumblr.com/!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come with me to the Ghibli Museum!

I made a video for my youtube channel about my visit to the Ghibli Museum this past March.