June 25, 2013

Old Sketchbook Findings

I was cleaning up my apartment and found a couple old sketchbooks. One is maybe 5 years old, and another one about 2 years. I found scribbles and sketches of Pickled before it really took shape. I found storyboards, storyboard revisions, layout roughs and even old character design ideas. And a few life drawings. I'm glad I hung onto those sketchbooks. Take a look at some of my rough stuff:
ancient character design ideas

ancient character design ideas

ancient character design ideas

This are the oldest storyboards that found for Pickled.
This is waaay back in summer of 2008 when I had the idea that maybe Birdie could be a mail order bride robot.

Pickled storyboard revision drawings

Pickled storyboard revision drawings

Pickled storyboard revision drawings

Pickled storyboard revision drawings

a rough kitchen layout drawing

Pickled storyboard revision drawings

Dr. Sketchy's Toronto

Dr. Sketchy's Toronto

Dr. Sketchy's Toronto

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come with me to the Ghibli Museum!

I made a video for my youtube channel about my visit to the Ghibli Museum this past March.